Georgia And TCU 2023 National Championship Betting Preview
The college football 2023 national championship game and rematch has arrived, and the Georgia Bulldogs are a -13 point favorite over the TCU Horned Frogs. More leading online sportsbooks are dealing Georgia -13.5, and the total is 62 to 63 points.
I chip in a betting preview and pick in my coverage for Off Shore Gaming Association.
- Time: 7:30 p.m. ET
- Date: Monday, Jan. 9
- TV channel: ESPN
- Streaming: ESPN.com/watch
- Location: SoFi Stadium in Inglewood, California
College Football 2023 National Championship Odds
TCU (now +13) has 51.9% of the handle among all spread bets vs. Georgia at @CaesarsSports.
But if you take out Mattress Mack's $1 million bet on TCU +13, Georgia has nearly twice as much money to cover than TCU.
— Max Meyer (@TheMaxMeyer) January 9, 2023
Read national championship game analysis and additional information you can bet on in my preview at OSGA.
College Football 2023 National Championship
ATS history favors TCU, as Playbook Sports newsletter notes than .750 or greater double-digit bowl ‘Dogs coming off a straight-up (SU) underdog win are 5-0 ATS the last 15 years. Bowl underdogs of more than 13 points are 7-0 ATS versus .900 or greater opponents the last 10 years.
Still, as one of my sports betting and content colleague’s and handicappers reminded me, four straight College Football Playoff national championship games have been decided by more than two touchdowns, and Georgia can be a Bulldog again and make it five.
Georgia All-American players
- 1st Team | DL Jalen Carter* (SN, WC, FWAA, AFCA, AP)
- 1st Team | LB Jamon Dumas-Johnson (SN)
- 1st Team | TE Brock Bowers (FWAA, AFCA)
- 1st Team | S Christopher Smith* (SN, WC, FWAA, AFCA, AP)
- 2nd Team | TE Brock Bowers (SN, WC, AP)
- 2nd Team | LB Jamon Dumas-Johnson (AFCA, AP)
TCU All-American players
- 1st Team | OG Steve Avila (WC, FWAA, AFCA)
- 1st Team | CB Tre’Vius Hodges-Tomlinson (AP, SN)
- 1st Team | PR Derius Davis (FWAA)
- 2nd Team | QB Max Duggan (AP, SN, FWAA)
- 2nd Team | OG Steve Avila (AP)
- 2nd Team | CB Tre’Vius Hodges-Tomlinson (FWAA, AFCA)
Our national semifinal picks went 2-0 (1 pick, 1 opinion), and our Top 25 bowl match-up selections of Picks, Opinions and Leans were 5-5 plus an added play opinion loser. Last year’ those Picks, Opinions and Leans on select New Year’s Six biggest bowl games went 6-2.