Betting The Risen Star Stakes At Fair Grounds
Risen Star Stakes Starts Championship Series Races on the Road to the Kentucky
The Risen Star Stakes leads off the Road to the Kentucky Derby Championship Series races Saturday at the Fair Grounds in New Orleans. The Kentucky Derby points system was implemented in 2013, and the 1 1/8 mile Grade II Risen Star awards 50 points to the winner and all but assures a spot in the 2021 Kentucky Derby.
2021 Risen Star race information
- Date: Saturday, Feb. 13, 2021
- Time: 7:18 p.m. ET (Race 13)
- TV: FOX Sports 2 and TVG
- Track & Location: Fair Grounds in New Orleans, La
- Distance: 1 1/8 miles (9 furlongs)
- Surface: Dirt
- Horses: 3-Year-Old Thoroughbreds
- Twitter: @fairgroundsnola
RISEN STAR STAKES FIELD AND BETTING ODDS
Senor Buscador Takes His Show on the Road – Springboard Mile Winner Takes on Lecomte Top Four, including winner Midnight Bourbon in Loaded Risen Star presented by @LamarqueFord READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE story @Brian_J_Nadeau https://t.co/18Pqbs8diD pic.twitter.com/lKPNBbtxJz
— Fair Grounds (@fairgroundsnola) February 8, 2021
Note the favorite Keepmeinmind (3/1) was scratched, and will run in next Saturday’s $750,000 Southwest Stakes. Horses to watch with analysis in TheLines preview. Plenty of runners to watch in this race, and some will return for the Louisiana Derby. The top 4 finishers from last months Lecomte Stakes are running in the Risen Star, with Midnight Bourbon, Proxy and Mandaloun the top-3 finishers in that race.
ROAD TO THE KENTUCKY DERBY CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES RACES
- Feb. 13: Risen Star * – Fair Grounds
- Feb. 27: Fountain of Youth * – Gulfstream Park
- March 6: Gotham Stakes * – Aqueduct
- March 6: Tampa Bay Derby * – Tampa Bay Downs
- March 6: San Felipe * – Santa Anita Park
- March 13: Rebel Stakes * – Oaklawn Park
- March 20: Louisiana Derby ** – Fair Grounds
- March 27: Jeff Ruby Stakes ** – Turfway Park
- March 27: Florida Derby ** – Gulfstream Park
- March 27: UAE Derby ** – Meydan Race Course
- March 30: Sunland Derby * – Sunland Park
- April 3: Blue Grass ** – Keeneland
- April 3: Santa Anita Derby ** – Santa Anita Park
- April 3: Wood Memorial ** – Aqueduct
- April 10: Arkansas Derby ** – Oaklawn Park
*85 points race and 50 points to the winner
**170 points race and 100 points to the winner
Post race update: Mandaloun (2/1) wins Risen Star Stakes by 1 1/4 lengths over Proxy (4/1) with Midnight Bourbon (5/1) a close third. O Besos (21/1) finished fourth another 5 lengths behind.
The betslip had winners on $3 Exacta ($41.70) and $1 Trifecta ($58.10) with Mandaloun on top as winner.
Mandaloun was 16/1 in recent Pool 3 of the Kentucky Derby Future Wager this past weekend, and will see his odds drop in half for Pool 4 that is the weekend starting March 5. The Kentucky Derby Future Wager is an opportunity for fans to bet early on the potential Derby horse they think will earn a spot in the starting gate and go on to win the Kentucky Derby race.